Free men are not equal, equal men are not free.

Monday, January 9, 2017

#MetalMonday


A friend of mine in High School handed me a mix tape full of various rock music, and on the second side of said tape, he included the song I'm linking to here.

Until that point in time, while I had a minimal familiarity with Iron Maiden, etc., I had no idea that metal could be anything but Scorpion-glam, or annoyingly noisy stuff (with some exceptions for Priest and Maiden) compared to Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc.

Holy shit.

I can blame my love for both symphonic and power metal on this one damn track.



Just got back from a long trip so likely all I'm posting today...

2 comments:

  1. Man, that album turned the guitar world upside down. There had been fast shredders before, but Yngwie just took things to a whole new level.

    His stuff gets repetitive after a while but he's still one of the greatest shredders of all time. I don't like his one-track style of playing beyond a certain point- Steve Morse is a far more well-rounded guitarist- but there are times when you just need to listen to epic shredfests.

    Like me, it would appear that you had the good luck to befriend a chap with impeccable taste in music who switched you on to the good stuff at an early age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Word.

      Ever seen the youtube vids of the french chick who's blasting through Yngwie's Arpeggio's From hell, and Dragonforce?

      Delete